Dutch & Dutch

Renting FAQ's

We will put your offer forward to the landlord and let you know of the outcome.
You will be required to complete a form to provide details for your references. At this stage you will need to pay £100+VAT per tenant for the referencing and administration process. A third party appointed by us will check references from the referees that you have provided. You will also need to pay a holding deposit of 2 weeks rent. Your moving in payment of the agreed rent will need to be paid a minimum of 3 working days prior to moving in.
A third party referencing provider will take up references based on the details that you supply. These references may be passed to our client so that they can make an informed decision on granting a tenancy. You are responsible for any administration charges levied by your own bank in relation to obtaining a reference. Before the tenancy can proceed you need to provide us with a copy of your passport and your National Insurance number.
Dutch & Dutch will be instructed by the landlord as to what arrangements are to be made for the inventory and check-in. Unless agreed otherwise, the landlord will be responsible for the cost of the inventory and check-in and the tenant will be liable for the cost of the check-out. Where Dutch & Dutch organise an end of tenancy inventory check-out, a fee of up to a maximum of £180+VAT, dependant on the size of the property, will be charged.
An administration fee of £100+VAT per tenant will cover the referencing and administration process for a new letting and will be payable on acceptance of your offer by the landlord. These are not refundable.
The first instalment of rent must be paid in cleared funds at least 3 working days prior to taking occupation. Thereafter, rent is payable by standing order to arrive on the due date as stated in the tenancy agreement. This means that the standing order must be set up so that the funds leave your account 3 days before the rent is due. The rent must be paid in full by a single standing order
Please refer to the pdf document on the left of the RENT page of our website.
It is your obligation to obtain written consent from the landlord for any change in the identity of the tenants. Upon receipt of this consent Dutch & Dutch will draw up a new tenancy agreement or deed which all parties will be required to sign. Each exiting tenant will be required to pay an administration fee of £100+VAT. Each new tenant will pay £100+VAT for referencing and administration.Any charges remaining outstanding at the end of the tenancy will be deducted by Dutch & Dutch from the deposit.
You will be responsible for the payment of telephone, gas, electricity, water and council tax at the property during your tenancy. It is your responsibility to notify the relevant companies and the local authority that you are moving into/out of the property. You are also responsible for ensuring that a valid television licence remains in place for the duration of the tenancy.
At the start of the tenancy we will advise you who is responsible for managing the property. This is not always Dutch & Dutch and in this case we cannot authorise any repairs or maintenance or guarantee the speed at which repairs will be carried out. Where we are managing the property we may have to obtain the landlord’s consent before proceeding with a repair or maintenance issue.
If you terminate the contract early you are responsible for payment of the rent until another tenant is found. If you appoint Dutch & Dutch to find a replacement tenant you will be responsible for our letting fee which will not exceed 10%+VAT of the outstanding rent.
It is your responsibility to insure your own belongings throughout the tenancy.
A reference may be requested by a tenant at any time. The administration fee for this service is £20+VAT and is payable at the time of request.
An EPC measures the energy efficiency of a property on a scale of A to G. It is a legal requirement to have a valid EPC commissioned before a property can be marketed.
The Property Ombudsman provides a free, fair and independent arbitration service. Estate agents that have signed up to this Code of Practice are required to provide additional consumer protection that goes beyond that required by the law.